The Simple Woman's Daybook

>> Monday, June 30, 2008

FOR TODAY

June 30, 2008

Outside My Window...The sun is shining and Katie and Lucas are blowing bubbles. I just watered my flowering plant (I forget what it is called) and it is doing great.

I am thinking...that it is going to be another fun Monday. I get to spend it with Tim. We are going to Longview to visit with some friends and do a little shopping.

I am thankful for...our church family. We are an odd bunch of folk that love the Lord and each other.

From the kitchen...is the aroma of a bear roast that slow cooked overnight and a sink full of dirty dishes. The kids are in charge of breakfast since Tim and I are getting ready to leave.

I am wearing...my hair in a ponytail, my green capris, green and white striped shirt, and my cute and comfy sandals.

I am creating...a grocery list so we can pick up some things while we are in town today.

I am going...to have a yard sale Friday and Saturday with the help of my good friends, Eleanor and Ms. Linda. All proceeds will go toward debt.

I am reading...the same book as last week...Sacred Marriage.

I am hoping...that someone else will change Larah's poopy diaper. But I'm thinking they are all waiting for me to do it.

I am hearing...my family scurry around the kitchen and the sound of eggs frying on our iron skillet.

Around the house...is one big mess. But it is full of happy people, so the mess is okay.

One of my favorite things...is being a stay home mom. I love my children and I love the blessings I receive everyday by being with them. They are so cool.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Today with Tim, a possible haircut that didn't fit in last week, and then garage sale, garage sale, garage sale.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Tim has lost 90 pounds and is striving to get rid of 20 more!!

For more great reads, visit Peggy and others here.


10 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola June 30, 2008 9:21 AM  

Great post! :) Enjoy your day!
I love that green outfit, by the way. :)

Oh... I need to go change a diaper too.
Blessings,
Michele :)

Cobblestones June 30, 2008 12:42 PM  

Praying your day was filled with sweet blessings! I love your blog header and your prayer for your blog. Wonderful! Thanks for allowing this peek into your life.

Megan June 30, 2008 3:40 PM  

WOW... Look at Tim! I saw him back in February, he looks great!

I thought about you earlier today! Hope your Monday was good!

A happy heart at home June 30, 2008 6:01 PM  

Congratulations to your husband. That's great!

We've had bear steaks before, marinated overnight in regular (not low-fat or fat-free) Italian salad dressing. They were really good. We've made moosemeat chili, too.

I hope you make lots of money to put toward debt. We want to get out of debt, too.

Nice to 'meet' you through your Daybook. Have a great week!

~Susan

Christina July 01, 2008 10:52 AM  

That is awesome about Tim loosing all that weight, he sure gives me motivation. He looks great but even better his new weight loss will keep him around for years to come.

Hope you had fun visiting with your friends and I hope you have lots of fun garage sailing.

Heath Clan July 01, 2008 3:23 PM  

Christian wanted to know what the difference between the photos was. I think it is the hat and he was thinking the sunglasses:)

Kacey July 03, 2008 9:15 PM  

I don't recognize that fatso in the first picture, but who is that hot skinny guy? If I wasn't dreamily, happily married I would ask you if you were sure you are dreamily, happily married. And he's too old for me. ;} And we would constantly fight. You two are perfect for each other!

Bobbi July 05, 2008 4:47 PM  

I sure do love your family. So glad you are here in Randle. God bless.

Amy B from Bullard July 05, 2008 6:34 PM  

I would have changed the diaper for you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP