I've Got a Friend
>> Saturday, June 07, 2008
This song is dedicated to my great friend Lolanda. She is a gift from the Lord given to me 8 years ago. When we are together we can laugh or cry. We can gab non-stop or we can be silent. And there is always an occasion to be silly. (See photo below.)
Lolanda has been with me during some of the hardest times in my life and she walked with me every step of the way. She has held me up during the great times of sadness when three of our sons died. She has also joined me in celebration when three of our children were born. Maybe next time she'll actually make it to the birth. Three summers ago, Lolanda spent two weeks traveling to Texas with our family. 9 people crammed in a 15-passenger van for 3,000+ miles...now that's love and true friendship. She loves to change poopy diapers. She is always available for wisdom and advice, hugs and encouragement. She loves the Lord with all her heart.
One of the best qualities about Lolanda is that she loves our children. She loves them as if they were her own. Sometimes she threatens to steal them. (Even though they are few and far between, there are those days I would allow her to do so.) She always remembers their birthdays and compliments them when a job has been done well. She brags about 'her kids' as a grandmother brags on her own grandchildren.
I am so grateful for our friendship. I picked this song because we heard it at a Women of Faith conference a few years back. Everytime I hear it I think of Lolanda and thank God for her.
I love you, GIRLFRIEND!!!
Can you guess which one of us is really prego??? For more Then Sings My Soul Saturdays join Amy and others at Signs, Miracles, and Wonders.




5 comments:
Lolanda always remembers to send my kids birthday cards and sometimes those are the only ones they get. It makes me feel so loved when she does that. She is so very thoughtful.
I don't think I would survive a trip with your family in the fifteen passenger van with as much elan as Lovely Lolly! I don't think I would survive a trip with MY family.... you know:)
You rock Lolanda!!!!
Wow... what an awesome friend! God has truly blessed you. You know when someone is willing to change a poopy diapers or clean your toilets they are a true friend :)
Glad you participated this week.
Friendship is such a blessing!
What a great song. Kali told her teacher on the last day of school that she is not afraid to move because her momma told her that "God already had a very special friend picked out just for her and she couldn't wait to meet her." Friends are a true gift, you are blessed as is Lolonda.
What a blessing! This has definitely inspired me to be a better friend. Thank you for this post.
Post a Comment