The Simple Woman's Daybook

>> Monday, June 23, 2008



FOR TODAY

June 23, 2008

Outside My Window...is complete darkness. It is 11:11 P.M.

I am thinking...that I should go to bed. But I am waiting for one more load of laundry to get done.

I am thankful for...my husband's love. Not only does he love me, but he likes me...and vice-versa. We spent all day together and it was wonderful.

From the kitchen...I can hear the hum of the fridge.

I am wearing...white no-show socks, brown capris (that I will have to retire soon because the zipper keeps coming down), and my navy blue 2007 Old Navy tee.

I am creating...a mental to do list.

I am going...to get up in the morning and go walking. I bought a new sports bra today, so I might even run a bit.

I am reading...Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. Excellent read!!

I am hoping...that I will be able to see my sister someday soon. I always think of her when I travel down a beautiful road or see a breath-taking sunset. I want to share them with her.

I am hearing...the hum of the fridge and the clickety-clack of the dryer.

Around the house...everyone is sleeping, but me.

One of my favorite things...is coming home to a calm and peaceful house. I was out the door this morning by 8:15. I didn't get home til after 10PM. When I arrived home, I was greeted with smiles and great attitudes. The house was spotless and the four younger kids were showered and fast asleep. I have been truly blessed.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...spend one-on-one time with my children, dinner at a friend's house, a trip to the library (or maybe two), a visit to the Northwest Trek, an hour of reading a day for the whole family, a possible haircut, write a few notes, see a local play (a belated birthday outing).

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

7 kids and 23 fish. It was a good day!!!

Click here to enjoy more of The Simple Woman's Daybook.


5 comments:

Amy B from Bullard June 24, 2008 7:33 AM  

That made me feel special that you wish you could share the sunset or a beautiful road with me. I teared up this morning. Thank you for making my day!

Rebecca June 24, 2008 12:24 PM  

I miss you, Girl!!! The older I get the more I miss you. We should be raising our kids together and they really don't know each other. But then I remember our time on Earth is temporary and that we will spend eternity together. YIPEE!!!

And until then we will continue to get out of debt and then I will hop on a plane and come for a visit. Some day soon.

I love you, Schilly, Schilly Schister!

Love,
Beki B******* Buns

Christina June 24, 2008 12:42 PM  

This is such a neat way to learn about you.

Lauren June 26, 2008 7:16 PM  

It took me a minute to see the 7th kid! LOL!

Patricia June 27, 2008 9:52 AM  

How fun!! We're taking Thomas fishing for the first time this weekend and we're excited! We're meeting up with Mom,Dad,Tommy, and some other fam. :)That song " I Hope you Dance" reminds me of working at the Friendship House in college. It would come on all the time while we were working.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP