Up Close and Personal
>> Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Cayla and I were given the unique opportunity to have an up close and personal conversation with Deputy Parker of the Lewis County Sheriff's Department this evening. I did the conversing while Cayla sat in shock that yes, indeed, her mother had for sure been pulled over. I haven't had such an opportunity in over 18 years. I must admit that it was quite fun....but only because Cayla was with me. I was definitely in the wrong. Although the kind and happy deputy never did tell me exactly "how" wrong I actually was. He did the routine of checking my insurance, registration, and license while Cayla and I sat in the truck giggling at the fact that we were sitting downtown Randle and I was getting a ticket. After completing his routine, he handed me back my stuff and gave me a warning, "You just might want to slow down a bit." I replied with the utmost respect..."Yes Sir, I will!" and off we went, thankful that the proceeds of our upcoming yard sale still get to go toward debt and not a speeding ticket. Cayla and I busted up laughing because we then realized that she, my 11-year old daughter, was sitting in her 7-year old brother's booster seat. Safety First!! We now know she's the real reason I didn't get a ticket...what a goofball!!!



5 comments:
You two are goobers. I love you both.
Haha! :) I'm glad you didn't get a ticket!
Michele
I wonder how lenient he would have been if I had been the one in the booster seat!
I once got pulled over for an expired safety inspection on my car. Only by 1 day and I didn't even realize it. My 4 year old sons bus must of passed us and I got a call from the teacher that my son said I was arrested and he was very upset. She said she was trying to figure out how to ask me nicely if I was indeed arrested and of course I wasn't. We had a good laugh and then I told her he must of seen me with the MP and thought he was taking me to jail He recognized our van and then his imagination went wild.
Yeah right, Kacey! If you were in that booster seat, he probably would've escorted you guys to the hospital!
Post a Comment