The Simple Woman's Daybook
>> Monday, July 07, 2008
FOR TODAYJuly 7, 2008
Outside My Window...is a bunch of garage sale stuff cluttering my picnic table. I decided not to have it last weekend because of rain...and I haven't gotten it cleaned up yet. Other than that the sun is setting and the garden is being watered.
I am thinking...that at this time next week I will be very, very sad and lonely. Tim will be gone for 3 weeks straight. Boo-Hoo!!!
I am thankful for...my husband. Yesterday he invited me (spur of the moment) to head north and get a hotel room for the night. Of course I couldn't resist such an invitation. So we hung out at the La Quinta in Lacey, Washington. We ordered Domino's pizza, which served as dinner and breakfast. Tim spent the majority of his time flipping channels and I read my new book. It was wonderful. Today we departed the La Quinta around noon, had lunch at O'Blarney's Irish Pub, did some shopping (Cabela's, WalMart, Sunbirds) and we arrived home around 6 to a happy bunch of kids.
From the kitchen...is an iron skillet full of ground bear meat. I cook 4 pounds down at a time to keep in the fridge. It makes for a quick and easy meal.
I am wearing...my hair in a bun, a pair of grey trousers (pants to me, but trousers to Barbara) and a flowered blouse that I absolutely love.
I am creating...this one is always hard for me. I am not a very creative person, mental or physical. So I guess for today I am creating....um.....um.....um.....nothing.
I am going...to enjoy being with my children tomorrow since I have been away from them. We will go to the summer reading program at the library and just hang out at home.
I am reading...a book given to me by my friend Kendra called For Women Only. I am two chapters into it and am learning so much. I think it is written by Shaunti Feldman.
I am hoping...to get back to walking tomorrow. I haven't for a few weeks and I can feel it.
I am hearing...the sound of kids munching on popcorn and a new Andy Griffith episode. We bought a new season today to say thanks to the kids for keeping the homefront together while we were gone. We LOVE Andy Griffith.
Around the house...Larah is in bed, I am sitting at my computer and the rest of the family is watching Andy Griffith.
One of my favorite things...is a Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino. We went to Starbucks today and I ordered a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino. It was good, but not as good as the Green Tea.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...make phone calls for the upcoming blood drive, getting my haircut tomorrow at 9:30, story time at the library, cleaning off the picnic table, visiting at the Bean Tree with a friend.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino




6 comments:
You are so lucky, I love a spur of the moment vacation. It sounded very enjoyable. Hubby all to yourself, pizza (no cooking), and a book. What more could you ask for.
I like Andy Griffith too. I also am still hooked on Little house on the prairie, The Walton's (which I don't see too much) and of course I Love Lucy, shall I go on? Just kidding. Anyway I totally understand sharing Andy Griffith with your kids. They were such a nice family portrayed by tv and also very funny.
Your vacation sounds so fun! :) Sorry you we're able to have your garage sale, though.
Yum- Green tea! That looks really good.
We're hoping we'll be able to see Tim sometime over the next few weeks while he's gone. It would be great to see him! :) I hope everything goes well for you at home. It's so tough when our Honeys are gone for that long!
Blessings,
Michele :)
How silly you are! Just because you don't do artsy fartsy stuff doesn't mean you aren't creative! I mean anyone that can be creative with THAT MUCH bear meat is a creative person.
You are also very creative when it comes to stuff to do with your children or blessing friends. I love how creative you are when it comes to being fun.
I love Green Tea Frappacinos too! Yum!
Yes and AMEN :)
I might have to get me a green tea frappachino in honor of you. Yum yum sounds good right now. I'm heading to town, maybe I'll make a pit stop and think of my favorite sister while I'm drinking it. Well you know, I think of you all the time anyways, so I'll just think extra special thoughts of you.....like scabs.....
PS I have passed an award on to you so go on over and check it out.
PSS that green tea looks a little weird, but it just might be good.
Post a Comment