Arte y pico
>> Friday, July 18, 2008
I love blogging. Betcha' didn't know that about me, huh? One of the best things about blogging is meeting other women who love the Lord and are passionate about their husbands and children. There are those blogs I check occasionally, and then there are the ones I check daily, sometimes two or three times a day. The daily blogs are written by women who I feel as though we have a connection. They may be my neighbor or they may live miles and miles away, but whatever the location, we share a common bond. One such lady is Christina at All That Blog. We haven't been blogging friends long, but I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her and her family through her blog. Last week, while my computer was down, she presented me with an award, the Arte y pico. I feel blessed and am so very appreciative. Part of receiving the award is a commitment to pass it on to 5 other women of my choosing. So here are the five women I have prayerfully chosen:
Amy at The Burrow Family. Not only is she my sister in Christ, but she is my real life schilly, schilly schister. We grew up together and have shared some of the best times of our lives with each other. She lives in Texas, with her husband and 3 gorgeous children, and I live in Washington, with my husband and 6 gorgeous children, so we don't get to visit as often as either one of us would like. But she has recently started her own blog, and I am so very, very thankful. I get a glimpse into her life, even if it's over the Internet. Amy, keep the pictures coming...they bring me all that much closer to you and yours.
Sharon at In My Father's Garden. This one might be a bit questionable because Sharon has just recently started her blog. So recently she hasn't even written her first post. But I know Sharon and I have confidence that her blog will be worthy of an award. Sharon loves the Lord with all of who she is and I know His presence will be felt by everyone who visits In My Father's Garden. Now how's that for pressure to perform, Sharon???
Megan at Me Growing and Learning. I first met Megan when she was just a kid, years and years ago, and I haven't seen her since. But we became connected through my sister-in-law's blog and now I am a faithful reader of her blog and she is of mine. I can always count on a comment from Megan. Megan is a beautiful young lady who desires to walk with her Heavenly Father. She loves Him so much and is successfully following the path He is taking her down. Her blog is full of life and she is not afraid to share the deep places of her heart. I appreciate Megan because of her honesty and openness.
Michele at Frugal Granola. I would consider Michele and I to be very different, and yet, I have grown to absolutely love her. She inspires me...one~to be more healthy and two~to become better organized. One thing Michele and I do have in common, though, is our love for the Lord and for our families. She is a wonderful wife and an incredible mother. There has been talk about her and her family moving closer in the future and I look forward to that day. There is so much wisdom and knowledge I desire to glean from her.
Cayla at Cayla's Creative Writings. I saved the best for last. Cayla is my 11-year old daughter who is amazingly beautiful, inside and out. Cayla loves Jesus with all her heart and she is such a great encouragement to me. I have the awesome priviledge of being her mama and watching her everyday grow into the person that Christ is forming her to be. I love to listen to her pray and it thrills me to see her desire to serve God with everything that she is. Her blog is a reflection of His love and the love she has for her family and friends.
That completes my list of 5 people. It was hard to decide who to pick because I love every single blog I frequent. Thank you all for being a blessing to me. For you 5, here are a list of rules:
Rules:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, be it through creativity, design, or interesting material, and that also contributes to the blogger community, no matter the language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4) Award winners and the one who has given the award have to show the link of "Arte y pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) Show these rules.
Have a great and marvelous day in Christ.



4 comments:
this truly brought tears to my eyes... out of that huge list of blogs that you frequent i NEVER suspected my name to come up. Thank you so much! You made my day and made me feel very special!
Although you are probably going to have to send me another one of those emails complete with rules -of how to post links on my blog (haha)!
again... THANK YOU! Have a great week! Glad you got your computer fixed - i've missed you!
Aww.. Thanks, Rebecca! :) I feel so honored.
I sure have a lot to glean from you too.
By the way, I know Tim's birthday is on Sunday. Tell him we said "Happy Birthday!" :)
Love,
Michele
Yikes :O Talk about pressure :O
What an awesome way to encourage me to share my heart. Rebecca, thank you so much for having such confidence in me. You don’t know how much that means to me. You are such a wonderful friend and sister in Christ. You have challenged me and given me a need to press into the breast of Christ because if I am to write anything it must be real and it must have purpose :) Only by trusting in Him will this come about.
Tell Tim Happy Birthday from the Brown's :)
Miss you all so much but am thankful to at least be able to keep up a bit because of your wonderful Blog :)
Love you,
Sharon
I can't wait to check out the blogs you passed this award on to. You know I have been so blessed by your blog even though I have not known you long but I thank God I came across your blog. I'm going over to the other blogs tonight after the kids are tucked in.
Happy Birthday to Tim.
Post a Comment