What Larah Loves

>> Saturday, May 31, 2008

It is just me and Larah in the house right now and she is loving the one on one. As she was sitting at the table eating her lunch, I was taken back to that dreadful day in December when we almost lost her. I can still hear her silent cry. I can still remember holding her warm, but still body. I can still see the ambulance lights and the snow falling as Tim followed us to the hospital. I can still smell the ER. I can still remember the long ride to Harborview as my baby laid lifeless on a stretcher. I can still remember wondering if she would live or die. I remember wondering if she died, how would we survive. I remember wondering if she lived, what would she be like. What memories. What painful memories. Even as I sit here and type this, the emotions all come flooding back, and tears are rolling down my cheeks.

But praise God Larah is alive and well today. She is a normal 16 month old who loves life and brings our family great joy. In celebration of Larah's life, I have composed a list of things she loves...not necessarily in any order.

Yoplait Yogurt

Baths (especially with Katie and Cayla)

Walks

Squeezes from Papa

Brushing her teeth

Hugs from Justin

Being outside

Going anywhere

Helping me put laundry in the washer and dryer

Standing at the counter on the blue stool while I cook

Feeding herself (don't even think about helping her)

Throwing her diaper in the trash

Holding hands when we pray

Pushing her baby in the stroller

Blueberries and raisins

Her blanket made by KK

Swinging in her swing

Mama and Papa's bed

Playing in water

The word NO (she likes this word a little too much)

Naps

Climbing

Helping in the garden

Taking off Tim's boots

Larah Mikal Walker is a blessing from God. She is loved so much by her brothers and sisters and vice versa. It is fun watching her grow, learing new things each and every day. I praise God for the gift He has given to us in our baby girl.



Larah
December 2007

Larah
May 2008


6 comments:

Cheri May 31, 2008 1:50 PM  

Oh my goodness! What happened to Larah back then if you don't mind me asking?

Isn't it wonderful when we have the opportunities to spend one on one time with our kids. They are so precious!

Heath Clan May 31, 2008 5:41 PM  

That was such a horrible day for you! I am so thankful for your little Larah. There were lots and lots of people praying for her. We still pray for y'all everyday, but not as intensely as that day.

That day is very memorable for us too:)

Kacey May 31, 2008 9:17 PM  

I have never experienced the range of emotion that quickly before or since that Christmas Day. And I was so sick, too! I remember hugging Matthew so tightly and telling him it wasn't his fault; to let it go. Everyone felt like it was their own fault. I remember going in to Larah's room weeks later to see her for the first time and crying as I felt it all over again. Rebecca, if I ever experience pain through the life, injury, or death of my own child, I want you to be the one to help me. You are so strong in our God's Father-strength. I praise Him for the evidence of His grace in your life. You are a wonderful mother and a beautiful woman. I am so pleased that you are my friend.

Michele @ Frugal Granola May 31, 2008 9:45 PM  

Oh... how tightly I held Gen that day/week/month as we prayed for Larah... I still remember the sick ache I felt in knowing you all (& especially Larah!) were going through such pain, and yet all I was facing was a "scary" bout of rotavirus with Gen that day.

I rejoice along with you each time I see a photo of beautiful, precious Larah! God's blessings are so incredible. :)

What a fun list! It sounds like she & Gen have a lot of the same favorites. (Especially "No, No"...) :)

By the way, I like your new blog look. It's pretty!
MIchele :)

Kacey June 06, 2008 8:33 PM  

I love those awesome shoes!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP