The Simple Woman's Daybook

>> Monday, November 24, 2008

THE SIMPLE WOMAN’S DAYBOOK
FOR TODAY
November 24, 2008

Outside my window...the temperature is a cool, crisp 46 degrees. Smoke is billowing out several neighborhood chimneys and the cold, white frost is slowly melting.

I am thinking...that my responsibility as a parent is overwhelming at times. I don't know how people can do it without the strength and comfort of Jesus Christ. He pulls me through those rough and trying moments.

From the learning rooms…so far today Lucas and Matthew are the only ones who have started their lessons. Matthew is working on his daily devotions and Lucas is doing math.

I am thankful for...laughing siblings.

From the kitchen...we had oatmeal for breakfast, made by my handsome husband, and I am planning on a bear potpie for dinner, made my handsome husband's lovely wife.

I am wearing...SOCKS 'cause it's cold, a denim long sleeve shirt and tan pants.

I am creating...this blog entry.

I am going...to Morton with Tim in just a few minutes. We need to go to the bank and to Ed's Morton NAPA. The part for our van is in. Hooray!!! Well hooray for me, not necessarily for Tim and the boys. They have the joy and pleasure of replacing our fuel pump.

I am reading...The Rest of God by Mark Buchanan and At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon.

I am hoping...that Tim will take me to lunch when we go to Morton. I love being out with him and Spiffy's is a great place to do that.
(Thanks for lunch, Babe. The food was great but the time
with you was most excellent...although it went too fast.)

I am hearing...Lucas and Katie chatting, the fire burning, and the hum of my computer.

Around the house...is the warmth of our wood stove. Larah is napping and the rest of the kids are busy...either with school work or play.

One of my favorite things...is Thanksgiving. It is my all-time favorite holiday!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...I really don't have any plans other than school with the kids. I imagine Thursday will be a day of rest and relaxation.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This is the "quarter" that Larah swallowed. We were relieved when it came out last night and doublely relieved when it was only a nickel. Thank you to all of you who prayed for her.
For more Simple Woman's Daybooks, visit Peggy and others at The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

Sharon November 24, 2008 1:34 PM  

Do I hear a chorus of "Hallelujah" coming from the Walker household :)
Praise and thank God for His tender loving care :)
Love you,
Sharon

Megan November 25, 2008 9:27 PM  

so glad to hear everything went through smoothly with the 'quarter'.

Hope you have a great time with your family on Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP