The Simple Woman's Daybook
>> Monday, November 17, 2008
THE SIMPLE WOMAN’S DAYBOOK
FOR TODAY
November 17, 2008
Outside My Window...it is dark and cold. The clouds are low so no stars can be seen.
FOR TODAY
November 17, 2008
Outside My Window...it is dark and cold. The clouds are low so no stars can be seen.
I am thinking...how wonderful our home is. I love my home. Sure...I would love to replace the carpet and kitchen floors and do some touch up work here and there, but I love my home. It is a safe place full of laughter, life, and lunatics.
From the learning rooms…things are slow. We have been off for two weeks. One week because I was in Texas and the second week we were playing catch up on family time. Today we got back to the books but it was kind of hectic.
I am thankful for...Amy and Cari. They made my trip to Texas a pure delight. They both love the Lord, their families, and me. What more could I ask for?
From the kitchen...an invisible sign that reads CLOSED!
I am wearing...a short sleeve maternity shirt and capris. My hair is up in a clip. White ankle socks with no shoes.
I am creating...thank you notes and a grocery list for shopping on Wednesday.
I am going...to receive a very important UPS shipment on Friday. This shipment contains the pottery plate that I painted with Amy at Pottery Cafe in Tyler, Texas. I can't wait to see it. To see the pottery Amy painted, click here. She did awesome.
I am reading...At Home in Mitford authored by Jan Karon.
I am hoping...that our friends, Kyle and Jodie, don't move far from here. I want their house to sell, but not if it means they move away. That will be a sad day!
I am hearing...the dryer, Matthew singing, Lucas and Cayla talking, and the fire crackling.
Around the house...the younger girls are in bed...fast asleep. Matthew is reading. Justin is talking on the phone. Cayla is getting ready to shower. Lucas is getting ready for bed. Tim and Ginger have fallen fast asleep on our bed. I am sitting here at my desk writing this post.
One of my favorite things...is when I sit at my computer and Cayla brushes my hair. I love to have my hair brushed and played with and she is so kind to give me such devoted attention....as she is right this very moment.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...school with the kids, midwife appointment and grocery shopping Wednesday, deep cleaning at the church building on Thursday afternoon, friends are coming for dinner Friday night.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Larah was my little helper today. Did I say today...? She is my little helper everyday. This picture was taken while we were making pizza for lunch. She is so irresistibly cute.
For more Simple Woman's Daybooks, visit Peggy and others here.




4 comments:
What a cute lil' helper :)!!
Ohhhhh! Cutie Pie!
What time Thursday? I forgot to "sign up." I would be privileged to help you clean.
Adorable picture.
Glad to hear you are safely home and getting to catch up with your family.
Hope your plate arrives safely.
PS Your home sounds warm and cozy with a cracklin fire and family all around. I would love it too.
Boy-O-Boy Larah is all powdered up
Post a Comment