The Simple Woman's Daybook

>> Monday, February 02, 2009

THE SIMPLE WOMAN’S DAYBOOK
FOR TODAY

February 2, 2009

Outside My Window...it is dark and cold. The night sky is clear with millions of shining stars glowing brightly.
I am thinking...that my get away tonight was just what I needed. (Thanks, Tim, for making it possible. You are the best!!!) Lolanda and I met up for some Mexican food and a movie. We watched Marley and Me at the Roxy. It is a movie I highly recommend. It is so refreshing to see a movie that highlights strong family values.
From the learning rooms…school, in general, is going well. Lucas has moved on to two more books this week. He made a 100% on his spelling test last week. Cayla and Matthew each finished up one book and are waiting to get started in the next one. Justin is still on schedule and will be done with his school year in March. Katie is asking me daily if she can do school.
I am thankful for...my washer and dryer. I had to take our king-sized comforter to the laundry mat tonight. The giant washer I needed was out of order, but I did notice that a normal load of laundry cost $4.25 a load. $4.25 a load. That's highway robbery. It did make me very, very thankful for my set.
From the kitchen...a few grocery are in need of being put away. Justin is currently helping himself to a bowl of cereal. Other than that it is quite and clean.
I am wearing...a denim shirt, capris and socks. Hair up in a pony tail. I'm not looking so hot, but I am comfy and warm.
I am creating...the same thing as last week.
I am going...to beat the next boy/man that makes my house stink. I am serious. They are AWFUL!!! NO MORE BEANS!!!
I am reading...not as much as I would like. I love to read, however I don't seem to find the time to do it.
I am hoping...that my friend, who just yesterday told me she is pregnant, has a boy. She needs a boy! She needs a boy! She needs a boy! Of course we all know God is in charge, but I am so hopeful for a boy!!!
I am hearing...the thumping of the dryer and Tim, Cayla, Matthew, and Lucas behind me playing The Settlers of Catan. Let me tell you...the game is addicting. I love it, even though I have yet to win. I have come close twice but not yet. I will not give up.
Around the house...the little girls are in bed fast asleep, Justin is doing school, Ginger is in her kennel dreaming (of me), and the others are at the table playing the game. It is a pleasant, relaxing evening in the Walker home.
One of my favorite things... is my midwife appointments. Every appointment I get to hear Samuel Isaiah's heart beat and see him on the sonogram machine. It brings me such joy and peace to see him moving and growing inside me. He is already just so cool!!! Only 44 days til my due date.
A few plans for the rest of the week...school with the kids everyday, tax appointment on Tuesday, midwife appointment and grocery shopping on Wednesday, trip to the library on Thursday, preparations for a baby shower on Friday, baby shower on Saturday, Second Sunday Soup and Sandwich Social on Sunday.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Isn't he just so cute???

To join in or just to read more Daybooks, visit here.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  February 03, 2009 12:00 AM  

I've had four friends in particular that I thought NEEDED a boy. And they all got one. And it was a beautiful thing - lol.

Anonymous,  February 04, 2009 3:51 AM  

Hey! Coming over from the society group. Love your blog look its so pretty. We have Settlers of Catan fans in our home too.

Christina February 04, 2009 7:50 PM  

Cute picture. I want' to see Marley and Me. I have heard nothing but good things about this one. Seems like you are going to have a busy week. Glad to hear about your night out at the movies.

Heath Clan February 05, 2009 12:02 PM  

The picture of Maddog is kinda scary-is he getting ready to stink your house up? Is he psyching for a beatin'?

Golly, I sure was thinking that your friend needed a GIRL!!!!! That is funny. One of us is going to get our way. Ha-ha!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP