The Simple Woman's Daybook
>> Monday, February 09, 2009
THE SIMPLE WOMAN’S DAYBOOKFOR TODAY
FEBRUARY 9, 2009
Outside My Window...the sun is slowly peaking up over the mountains. There has been talk of more snow, but so far there are no signs of any yet.
I am thinking...how awesome our family is. Lots of people think we are crazy for having so many kids, and aren't afraid to say so, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.....well, there are those days.
From the learning rooms…we are busy, busy, busy.
I am thankful for...my new laundry room light. Tim and Matthew installed it for me this past weekend and I can't wait to get back there and do laundry. They replaced one 60-watt bulb with two 4-feet fluorescent bulbs. How cool is that?
From the kitchen...oatmeal and apple slices for breakfast. Sandwiches for lunch. Baked Chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner.
I am wearing...sweatpants and a bright pink shirt (not my color).
I am creating...Valentine's notes.
I am going...commuter car shopping with Tim tomorrow. For those of you who read my last post...he was just joking. He does indeed think that car is cool, but not for his wife. He will take great care of me and get me something more up my alley. I'll be sure and post a pictures if we come home with a find.
I am reading...not too much.
I am hoping...to be kinder and sweeter in word and deed. I think I take life too seriously and I can get pretty uptight. I am trying to loosen up a bit and go with the flow a little more. This is going to take time and much concentration...but I am hoping.
I am hearing...Madagascar 2 in the background. I put it in for Larah and Katie so I can get this done before starting breakfast.
Around the house...Tim has gone to his office, Katie and Larah are sitting in his recliner...snuggling with their blanket and each other, and the rest of the kids are still sleeping. I am trying to get this post done before they wake up.
One of my favorite things...emails from Tim, funny ones (like the car) and sweet ones....such as this...
Hey Babe,
Just want to let you know that I was thinking about you and that I love you. I'm sorry you were up a lot last night, but I am very glad that you are carrying our baby. See you soon.
\lii/
A few plans for the rest of the week...putting in the co-op order is on the top of my list. School with the kids and a day with Tim. Other than that it should be a fairly quiet week spent at home.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... 

For more Daybook readings, visit Peggy and many others here.



4 comments:
I'm glad the car was a joke - lol.
Me too!!!
Great Post :)
I didn't think it possible for you to be "kinder and sweeter" :)
Sure glad to hear that Tim was just joking ;) When I shared yesterdays post with George he said, "Surely Tim is kidding!" He will be pleased to hear that Tim was joking. No matter how "cool" Tim thinks that car is--that was down right scary! LOL
'Cause you are already so kind and so sweet :) That is what I meant :) Just needed to clear that up after I re-read what I wrote :)
Post a Comment