The Simple Woman's Daybook

>> Monday, November 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today
November 23, 2009


Outside my window...snow, ice, Phillips 66, HUB's Plaza and Interstate 84.

I am thinking...how amazing it is that 11 people can travel for over 12 hours and 600 miles together without one bad attitude and a whole lot of helpful hands and hearts.

I am thankful for...Philip, Cari, Landen, Luke, Ardyn, Ashli, Mari, Elizabeth, Josh, Kathy, Johnathan, James, Aunt Jeannie, My Other Mother, Tim, Justin, Matthew, Cayla, Lucas, Katie, Larah, Baby Sam, Audrey, Barbara, Horn Creek Camp and Thanksgiving 2009.

I am wearing...jeans and a sweatshirt.

I am remembering...as a kid how cool it was to stay in a hotel. It is wonderful to be able to watch my own children have the same kind of fun while forming their own great memories.

I am going...to hug on my children. They are wonderful and awesome blessings from God.

I am reading...The Preacher's Daughter.

I am hoping...for good driving conditions for the next two days.

On my mind...thankfulness.

From the learning rooms...the books are closed this week, but the kids are able to learn as we travel. Map reading, measuring distances and time, directions, GPS, geography.

Noticing that...our Super 8 hotel is comfortable and the front desk lady is kind and welcoming.

Pondering these words...Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful. ~~Ann Landers

From the kitchen...several of us worked late into the evening last night so that we could enjoy meals from the cooler and baskets. Our meals today were quite delicious, but not so nutritious.

Around the house...our house is clean and locked up. It is hotel rooms and camp for the next week.

One of my favorite things...Baby Sam's smile.
For more Woman's Daybooks, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP