The Simple Woman's Daybook

>> Monday, June 08, 2009

THE SIMPLE WOMAN’S DAYBOOK
FOR TODAY
JUNE 8, 2009
Outside My Window...I can see Matthew working on our next chicken coop
and Lucas weeding the front flower bed. I don't know why I call
it a flower bed as there are no flowers in it. But I am hopeful
that someday I will do something with it.
I am thinking...and praying for CDJ. Her baby girl
is being born today...my newest niece. Aaahhhhh!!!
From the learning rooms…testing was completed last week. This week the kids are just hanging out and then next week they will begin doing minimal school. Throughout the summer they will be required to do math everyday and reading for an hour a day.
I am thankful for...my daughter Cayla. She is sitting behind me brushing my hair as I sit here and type this. She knows just what her mother needs.
As long as she doesn't start noticing grey hairs we are okay.
From the kitchen...are lunch dishes awaiting their washing
and a floor that is begging to be mopped.
I am wearing...denim capris and a short sleeve shirt. No socks, no shoes.
I am going...to send my cousin a birthday card today.
He turns 40 this week. Happy 40th Birthday, Brett!
I am reading...The Five Love Languages by Gary Smalley.
I am hoping...that Cayla, Audrey and Barbara party
hard tonight at their campout. I hope they giggle til they hurt.
I hope Cayla comes home so tired from all the
fun that she begs me to take a nap.
I am hearing...Sam's swing, the dryer, Cayla chatting non-stop,
and an occasional cock-a-doodle-doo from our new rooster.
Around the house...is a mess. A mess here and a mess there, here a mess, there a mess, everywhere a mess mess. But I am learning to be a little less fanatic about keeping it tidied. We have 9 people living in 1500 sq. ft. Messes are going to happen. I am trying to be a little more flexible and a lot less stressed when it comes to housework. Notice I said I am trying...it doesn't come natural.
One of my favorite things...is jammin' to the tunes when I am in the car alone. That way nobody notices when I am off key
(which is 100% of the time)
or when I sing the wrong words to a song.
A few plans for the rest of the week...tomorrow I am going to spend the day with Lolanda. We don't know where we are going or what we are doing, but we will have fun no matter what. Thursday I have a meeting with Erin Stein @11 here at home and then Thursday night we are having company for dinner (I am cooking in the Dutch oven).
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
Sam's leg...Big Sister strikes again!!!

1 comments:

The Iretons June 11, 2009 9:26 PM  

Won't it be fun to see what happens when little brother and baby boy Ireton strike back?? HAHAHA!!! I have a feeling there will be many laughs!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP