The Simple Woman's Daybook
>> Monday, May 04, 2009
THE SIMPLE WOMAN’S DAYBOOKFOR TODAY
May 4, 2009
Outside My Window...is a cleared out backyard. Tim relocated the trailer that has been sitting out back for months and removed a bush that I greatly disliked. I absolutely love the new look.
I am thinking...about our upcoming camping trip in 11 days. There is always so much excitement and anticipation when it gets this close to departure day. I do have a lot to do and a lot to organize by then, but I am confident that it will all get done for I have plenty of helpers.
From the learning rooms…we actually accomplished a full week of school last week....first time since before Samuel's birth. Today is a day off and tomorrow we will be back in the saddle.
I am thankful for...my mom. With Mother's Day approaching, many of my thoughts go toward her.
From the kitchen...one big mess. Cereal boxes on the counter, dirty dishes surrounding the sink, a messy table, odds'n'ends on the floor, a full dishwasher, open cabinet doors.
I am wearing...jammy pants and a gray t-shirt. I am quite comfortable, but not looking too good. I guess I fit in with the messy kitchen. I sure hope nobody decides to drop by.
I am creating...a list of things I need to do/purchase before camping.
I am going...to surprise a friend this week. I hope it works out like I have it planned.
I am reading...Letters to Karen by Charlie W. Shedd.
I am hoping...to purchase a sewing machine in the near future. I would like to learn how to make dresses for my girls and simple things like curtains and pillows. I have a friend who is going to teach me the basics. I hope she is overflowing with patience because I'm not too sure how quickly I will pick it up.
I am hearing...Sam's swing and an occasional grunt and groan from him. He is so wonderful!
Around the house...things are strangley quiet. Tim took Matthew, Cayla, Lucas, Katie and Larah somewhere so I could have a day at home all by myself. (Almost all by myself...Sam is kinda dependent on his mama these days.) He did not tell me where they were going or what time they will return. What a guy!
One of my favorite things...Tim's thoughtfulness!
A few plans for the rest of the week...school, carry out the surprise for my friend, a visit with Jodie and maybe a trip to the library.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
"Morning Snoozes"



5 comments:
It sounds like you're having a nice morning in your p.j's. Enjoy the quiet before everyone gets back.
Oh, and have fun on your upcoming camping trip!
Really sweet picture
I love your new background. I don't remember how to change mine, it's probably about time. Well tickets were down to 1200 yesterday. I'm still watching though, I check every few days. Are you ready for your camping trip? How did you surprise go?
I love you whole post! I love your picture. I love that horrible bush gone as well.
Oops! YOUR!
I am reading that book too! What an amazing coincindence!
Post a Comment