The Simple Woman's Daybook
>> Monday, March 16, 2009
THE SIMPLE WOMAN’S DAYBOOK
FOR TODAY
MARCH 16, 2009
Outside My Window...the temperature is 41 degrees, the winds are blowing and the rain is coming down. Dreary, dreary day in the big town of Randle.
I am thinking...how blessed we are to have so many friends and family praying for us and the birth of Samuel. We are surrounded by a genuine love like I have never known before.
From the learning rooms...a continued Spring Break.
I am thankful for...my oldest daughter Cayla. We were able to spend some one on one time together this afternoon and it was much needed. She is a beautiful young lady and I count it an honor to be her mom. And for those of you who know her and know her long hair...she donated 11 inches to Locks of Love today.
From the kitchen...Matthew and Larah made crepes for dinner. Matthew took the time to teach her how to crack eggs...although he says she still needs practice. I am amazed at how patient he is with her. While the crepes were cooking, he gave her "Break Dancing" lessons. I'm thinking they had a pretty good time bonding in the kitchen.
I am wearing...black capris, Costco socks, a short sleeve shirt with a long sleeve denim shirt over it and my hair is styling up in a clip.
I am creating...nuttin' much these days.
I am going...to give birth soon. I know I am!!! I know I am!!! I know I am!!!
I am reading...the same thing that I have been reading the last few weeks...Mother.
I am hoping...to give birth soon. I am hoping!!! I am hoping!!! I am hoping!!!
I am hearing...Matthew, Cayla, and Lucas playing Settlers of Catan and the crackling of the fire.
Around the house...Tim, Larah, and Katie are in bed, the above mentioned are continuing their game, and here I sit. The spring cleaning is complete and we are ready for our family from Texas to come for a visit tomorrow.
One of my favorite things...is learning new things about myself. God is at work in my life and although some changes are needed, I am excited about what He is doing. I am sure to suffer through some growing pains, but I will be growing with the One who created me and sustains my life. How exciting is that???
A few plans for the rest of the week...there is absolutely nothing on the calendar. We will be busy enjoying Josh, Kathy and Jonathan....and hopefully Baby Sam.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
For some reason or other, my camera is not downloading onto my computer. Therefore, I am unable to put a before and after picture of Cayla. So instead here is the logo for Locks of Love.
For more Daybooks, click here.



2 comments:
hey wow locks ok love i have always wanted to do that... Wow it says zero more days.....come on sam.
Alex
I forget about Locks of Love. I need to cut my hair. Maybe I should look into that before I do:)
Post a Comment