My Simple Woman's Daybook
>> Tuesday, April 27, 2010
My Simple Woman's Daybook For TodayApril 27, 2010
Outside my window...are cloudy skies, a cool breeze, blooming rhododendrons, eleven happy hens, and one gorgeous rooster.
I am thinking...do I want to go to Costco this month or can I put it off until next month? I'm leaning toward going. The cabinets show proof that I need to make such a trip.
I am thankful for...my new computer. The monitor is large and it works much, much faster than my old one. Matthew has adopted my old one for his school computer. Our new set up works nicely.
From the learning rooms...we are continuing on. Matthew is well in to his new curriculum and doing well. Lucas is motivated to finish his 3rd grade math book so he can start 4th grade. He is excited that he will be able to use a "real" math book and "real" paper. Enough of this workbook stuff. Katie is working on math, reading, and handwriting everyday. She loves school and looks forward to learning. Cayla is finishing up 7th grade so she can move on to her new curriculum.
From the kitchen...Breakfast was oatmeal cake and eggs. Lunch was burritos and fruit. Dinner was layered nachos. The kitchen is now clean and closed for the next 12 hours.
I am wearing...capris and a short sleeve shirt. I'm about to have to purchase maternity clothes as my regular clothes just aren't fitting as they should. Oh gee darn.
I am creating...nada.
I am going...to eat popcorn and watch a movie with Tim in a few minutes.
I am reading...Amish Children.
I am hoping...for a full nights sleep with no interruptions.
I am hearing...Tim talk to his brother on the phone and Do Re Mi Fa So coming from the girls' room.
Around the house...the older kids are putting the chickens in their coop for the night. Larah is in bed waiting for me to tuck her in and Tim is lying on the couch talking to James.
One of my favorite things...listening in on Tim's conversations. I can learn so much.
A few plans for the rest of the week...school and dinner at a friend's house. That's about it. Fairly quiet week at the Walkers.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

To enjoy more Daybooks, visit Peggy and other women at The Simple Woman.
2 comments:
Rebecca . . . thanks for just letting me be a "fly on the wall" at your house. I love thinking about you and the whole family. You are loved so much. Jeannie
Sounds like you will be having a good week, especially in the learning room. I am contemplating homeschooling. Is there a particular curriculum you like?
Post a Comment