Just a Glimpse ~ Day 25
>> Thursday, February 25, 2010
I never thought I would enjoy these creatures as much as I do. They can be so entertaining. We used to keep them in their coop 24/7, but over the winter we allowed them to free-range. Now we find them roaming all over the place...the backyard, the horse pasture, the garden, the church parking lot, the front yard...even in the neighbor's yard. We have 1 rooster and 11 chickens. They can be quite stinky and they poop EVERYWHERE, but for some reason or other, they just don't bother me. Some days I walk outside with a pan full of scraps and yell, "Hey girls." They all come running toward me wondering what kind of goodies they are about to devour. They seem to be very happy animals and we are pleased every morning as we eat their eggs. Our chickens rock.




1 comments:
Yes, they certainly do! It makes me sad everytime I see your beautiful Barred Rock Ladies! We miss ours! I think we'll have to buy a couple more this year! : )
Post a Comment