Weekly Wrap-Up
>> Friday, October 10, 2008
Kris, at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers, is doing a (homeschool) weekly wrap-up. I have decided to participate this week. It is now 10:46 PM and I am being a really cool parent. I am sacrificing my sleep for my oldest son. He has not been able to spend any time with Audrey this week…except for now. I am trying to be so way cool and am actually succeeding (I think)…although I don’t know how long I will last.
Okay, now for our weekly wrap-up…
Our homeschooling week seems to have gone by quickly. Monday, Tim and I went to Morton to run some errands. We had lunch out and enjoyed our time together…alone. While we were gone the little girls took their naps, Justin did school with Lucas, and Cayla and Matthew did school on their own. Our new curriculum arrived Monday afternoon, a day early, and everyone, except Larah, received their new stuff. It always brings me such joy to get new school books in the mail.
Tuesday, Cayla, Matthew, and I went to an orthodontist appointment (out town) with some of the Heath People. The day was spent at the appointment (I used my time wisely and graded papers) and then to Wal-Mart for some grocery shopping. Tim stayed home with the rest of the family playing games and just being together.
Wednesday through Friday were normal, at home, school days. Lucas started his second grade math book and moved on to a new book in the Explode the Code series. Cayla learned more about fractions and had some struggles with the manipulatives. She shed a few tears, but by the end of the
week she had them conquered. She can now tackle them with confidence. I bought me a new weekly planner that I am very excited about using. I have color coded certain spaces for certain kids. Matthew and Cayla will be responsible for entering their daily work. I will be responsible for Lucas and Katie. This will be used as a permanent record of our daily work should I ever need to show a record of our schooling.
We have had Evan spend a few days and nights with us. Evan is in kindergarten and attends public school. I was the one to take him in the mornings and pick him up in the afternoons. Being in the school brought back so many memories. Memories that make me thankful that God has called me to be home with my kids. I know homeschooling is not for everyone, but I am so grateful God has afforded it to our family.
That pretty much sums up our week. If I stay motivated and organized I might be back here next week with another Weekly Wrap-Up. It is now 11:36 PM and I am done being the cool parent. Good night...



2 comments:
It's nice to "meet" you, Rebecca. Thanks for participating in the wrap-up this week. It sounds like you all had a really good week. There's nothing like brand-new school books to get everyone motivated. Even my kids get excited about new books.
Have a great weekend!
Sounds like a good week. I like your planner...
Post a Comment