The Simple Woman's Daybook

>> Monday, October 06, 2008

THE SIMPLE WOMAN’S DAYBOOK
FOR TODAY
October 6, 2008

Outside My Window...the sky is grey and it is raining on and off. The temperature is a brisk 54.3 degrees. We had to turn on our heat for the first time this morning.

I am thinking...that the noise I am listening to will soon be shut off. Matthew and Justin bought 5 new CD’s yesterday. I am trying to be a sweet, cool mom by allowing them to listen to 12 Stones on my stereo, but I have just about had enough.

From the learning rooms…are some motivated students and some that need to be motivated. After 6 kids, it continues to amaze me that they can be so different.
Our new curriculum is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I am thankful for...God’s work in my life. This past week I was crushed, squeezed and beat up. But that means growth and utter, complete dependence on Him. Resting in His arms can bring such peace and comfort, even in the most difficult situations.

From the kitchen...are sounds of a busy homeschool morning. The washer and dryer are going, the dishes are being done, Larah is playing with her new baby doll and the dill awaits to be placed in the pickle jars.

I am wearing...my Cabela’s tee and denim capri’s.

I am creating...this blog entry.

I am going...to Graham today with Tim. We are going to pick up
our newest family member, Ginger. I’ll post pictures soon.

I am reading...Heart of the Wilderness by Janette Oke,
borrowed from Kendra. It is a much better book than the last one I started.
It is pure and uplifting, not depressing and dark.

I am hoping...that it will get cold enough to be able to
burn a fire in our wood stove. There is nothing like
the warmth and glow of wood heat.

I am hearing...kids, kids, and more kids.
And the chirping of Cayla’s unnamed bird.

Around the house...the noise has been turned off,
the chores are almost complete and the school work has begun.

One of my favorite things...is hearing and witnessing my children using their creative imaginations. It is so fun and entertaining to listen and watch them play.

A Few Plans for The Rest of the Week…organize new curriculum,
orthodontist appointment for Cayla, babysit for a
friend and school. I would love a trip to the
library and a visit with Jodie…but only if time and scheduling permit.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

For more Daybooks, visit here.

6 comments:

Amy B from Bullard October 06, 2008 11:29 AM  

So did your house smell like the heater? I LOVE that smell for the first time each season. I'm sorry you had such a beat up week. I am really having a hard time with that all the way here in Texas. But like you said, these moments teach us to lean on God and what is more refreshing than that. I can't wait to see you in November. A month away. YIPPEE!

PS. Who's Ginger?

flmom October 06, 2008 12:50 PM  

Ah, yes ... children's imaginations make me smile as well. It continually amazes me how different my two are.

Christina October 07, 2008 7:20 PM  

Cute cartoon.
I read Janette Oke too, but I sometimes find some of her books a little depressing. Usually though they turn out pretty good. I hope the one you are reading does.

Good luck with schooling.

Heath Clan October 08, 2008 2:08 AM  

You do so totally rock!

Heath Clan October 08, 2008 2:10 AM  

I forgot! You need to remember to tell everyone about Tuesday! You got a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! Oh-I let the cat out of the bag. I think you need to share the deal you got though. I was so impressed.

Okay, and you still totally rock!

Amy B from Bullard October 10, 2008 1:44 PM  

So what exactly is going on? It has been four days since you have left an updated blog about life in Randall America? I'm anxiousy awaiting your next entry.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP