Then Sings My Soul Saturday
>> Saturday, October 25, 2008
This is one of the those catchy tunes that I can hear once and I continue to sing throughout the day. It is called You Never Let Go by Matt Redman. The words are very timely. I stuggle with living in fear of losing this baby. I know I don't need to and I am commanded to fear nothing (Isaiah 41:13). Every morning as I lay in bed, I place my hands on my belly. I surrender our baby to Him and ask for comfort and peace. But somedays I give in to worry and fear. Yesterday I recieved an email from a friend in Alaska. Her words were sincere and encouraging. As I watched this video and read the words to the song, I was reminded of the words she wrote to me. Here is a portion of her email:
I do have a suggestion to help you with your anxiety. Just pray and ask the Lord to help you stand against the fear of losing this baby. Ask Him to forgive you for any way you have taken the fear in as well as forgive yourself for being anxious or fearful. In the name of Jesus, cut off satan's power and authority in this area of fear and command it to go. Ask the Holy Spirit to heal the wounds that losing these babies has caused and ask Him to speak peace to your heart.
I praise God for His Word and for the people he places in my life. I thank Him for this dear friend and for her words of truth and love. I thank Him for the life growing inside me.
For more Then Sings My Soul Saturday, visit Amy and others here.



6 comments:
That is one of my favorite songs. I have never seen that video though, I enjoyed it.
Great song and video. Redman is also one of the best. I'll keep you in prayer, Rebecca.
God bless.
I really like this song and it is very catchy!! Love you :)
Sorry to hear about your anxiety but I am sure it will get better soon. I will pray that you can rest assured everything is all right. Know that many of us are praying for you.
that is an Awesome song! I really love Matt Redman...God never let's us go! Never..Even in our storms of life..He is never failing and He is always there holding our hands through all those things in our life...my prayer for you is for trust...trust that he WILL take care of you & this child...God has so many wonderful plans& He loves you..Satan puts fear in our lives and we just need to focus on the Lord & he offers us hope. :) May God be with you :) He is!! Be blessed!!!
Rebecca, I had the same fear with my oldest. Mostly it was guilt because I had prayed and hoped that I wasn't pregnant. That all changed the moment I found out I was, but then I was overcome by guilt about not having wanted her in the beginning and became convinced I was going to lose her.
It really consumed me to the point I could hardly think or sleep.
He finally did give me peace, to the point that when I went to the ER in London and was told I was miscarrying I still didn't worry. I bled all the way back to Germany where my OB told me the baby was fine. No one ever figured out what caused the bleeding, but I delivered a healthy baby girl here in the states a few months later!
God bless you, and I pray all turns out as well for you and your baby.
Post a Comment