The Call
>> Saturday, October 20, 2007
It came. About 9:30 PM. He has made it to Dubai. Tim is officially 9300 miles away from home. The long awaited call came as we were all getting ready for bed. Caller ID showed an out of area call...one we wouldn't normally answer. But the anticipation of seeing who was on the other end overtook me and I yelled for Justin to answer it. It was my very missed man. Justin talked to Tim for what seemed an eternity. In all actuality it was only 2-3 minutes. Finally I was able to hear his voice. Oh, what a soothing sound to my aching loneliness. He seemed tired, but happy. Dubai is 11 hours ahead of us, so as we were finishing our day, his was just beginning his. He said the trip was long...with a lot of delays due to bad weather and rescheduled flights. He made it into Dubai at 5:30 PM (our time), but his bags? Who knows where they might be?
The kids and I are doing fine with him gone. Let me rephrase that...the kids and I are coping in his absence. Whoever said, "Absence makes the heart grow founder" was crazy. Absence stinks!! If he wasn't absent I wouldn't be sitting at my computer at 4:00 in the morning missing him so much. I'd be snug in my bed, sound asleep, knowing in just a half hour he would be up starting his morning routine.
But truth be told he is absent and it is all for the glory of the Kingdom. I am excited beyond words at the opportunity that is before him. He is doing what he does best...telling the good news of our savior, Jesus Christ and teaching men and women of Dubai, UAE the importance of discipleship. My heart and prayers are with him as he fulfills God's calling on his life. May his trip be fruitful and full of joy as he carries out God's commands.



4 comments:
I'm with you, Rebecca! I felt like Jeff was a world away when he was in NY! I guess distance isn't the total issue...just the absence. We will pray for you and the kids and for Tim until you are all reunited again. Won't that be a fun time! My kids love planning "coming home" parties for Daddy! I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Tim's cousin from Missouri. We've met, at Uncle Don's, but it's been awhile. I am so enjoying your blog. Cari gave me your link. I look forward to talking to you more.
Love,
Lesile
I am sad that you are missing your man, but it means my gain:) We sure enjoyed you and the kiddos this morning. You are great. It is a great opportunity for him and pretty neat that he was asked to go. Remember we are praying for y'all.
No wonder you were napping when I just called. Sister, you can't lay awake worrying. Take care of yourself. He is in God's hands!
yeah, you were napping when I called TOO. Thanks for returning the call....I was bathing folks, then it was too late. But "late" has taken on new meaning apparently, so hang in there. I love you. He'll be back before you know it. Go to bed! NOW! Obey me! I mean it! Ok, pumpkin?
Post a Comment