Ramblings

>> Saturday, September 27, 2008

I have a few minutes before I need to get busy so I thought I'd sit at my computer and blog. The weather outside is nice. Cool...but the sun is shining, so it promises to get warmer and be a lovely day. In a little bit Matthew and I are going to pick green beans at a friend's house and then head on in to Morton. I have been wanting to go to Jan's Thrift Store and get the girls some winter shirts and dresses. Hopefully I will find some great bargains. After our trip to Morton I am going to come home and pressure cook our beans and clean the church building.

Justin went to Seattle today with Steve, Audrey, and Barbara. They are going to an art museum and will be dining on the waterfront. I'm not too sure of their other plans. He was so excited to get to "the city". I completely understand the need to get out of Randle, but Seattle would never be my city of choice. Too many people and the traffic is awful. But I'm confident the four of them will have a wonderful time.

Last night we went to our friend's house for dinner. I continue to be amazed that a (quiet) family of four would invite a (loud) family of eight over for dinner. All the kids played well and the adults were able to visit with each other. We feasted on sweet-n-sour meatballs, fried zucchini with Cajun seasoning, homemade applesauce and green beans. For dessert we were served applesauce cake and vanilla ice cream. The food was excellent, but the company and conversation were even better.

My midweek midwife appointment went great. We were able to see our baby and hear it's heartbeat. I thank God everyday for giving me another baby to love. At times I still get nervous about our future with this little person, but then I am quickly brought back to surrender. I remember God is in control and then I am again able to release our child to Him for His glory. I praise Him for His faithfulness and ability to carry me when I become weak. I serve a Great God.

Okay, Matthew is showered and waiting patiently for me to get off the computer. I must go and spend some one on one with my Mad Dog. He's so cool. I hope you all have a great day.



PS. Patricia and Jessy: Help me out with the Magic Eraser. I have never heard of it. What am I missing?

8 comments:

CDJ,  September 27, 2008 1:44 PM  

Oh, sister, how I've wronged you! How have I neglected your inlightenment concerning magic erasers? I will send you some immediately. (during the cusomary 30 day procrastination period for the afore mentioned mailing, you might find them at the store, on the cleaning aisle in a small blue box. you simply wet the white sponge, squeeze it out, and then joyfully -dare I say, effortlessly - remove scuffs from baseboards, marker from school desks, scum from sink drains, and grass stains from easter shoes.)

Rebecca,  September 27, 2008 2:08 PM  

I'nt know if they carry them there white thingies in a blue box in the big metropolis of Randle. I's hafta looks next time I's out town.

Heath Clan,  September 27, 2008 5:36 PM  

Girlfriend!!!! Don't you remember when the girls decorated their newly painted room? That magic sponge saved their lives! It isn't expensive and it almost gets out permanent marker (as in Sharpe) from walls as well. I need me some more for art upon the walls! We'll get some ASAP.

Don't worry Cari, if she doesn't get 'em before we get to town, I will buy her a box. The easter shoe one is a new one. That is funny. I usually use baby wipes:)

Heath Clan,  September 27, 2008 5:48 PM  

oh and folk have you over because you're fun! Well, maybe not MATTHEW! Is he reading this? No, you guys are fun. duh!

jessy,  September 27, 2008 7:48 PM  

You are SURELY, SURELY suffering for Jesus in a God-forsaken land, if you cannot obtain even the bare necessities of life such as a Magic Eraser.
We will mail you some!!! Tommorrow is Sunday...but Monday, Monday at the very latest.
What I love best about a Magic Eraser--but mind you, it has MANY virtues--is that in one gentle swipe, it takes away those grimy spots around door knobs and light switches.

Libby,  September 29, 2008 8:43 PM  

Hope you had fun shopping!

Libby,  September 30, 2008 11:27 AM  

I need to buy some Magic Erasers also. Lilly decided she needed to write her name on the wall. "Are you Proud?" my husband asked me. I thought about it and said well Im glad she can write her name, but I wish she wouldn't have wrote it on the wall.

Patricia,  September 30, 2008 12:52 PM  

I'm considering mailing you some too. I love the magic eraser. It makes cleaning so much easier.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP