The Simple Woman's Daybook
>> Monday, January 12, 2009
THE SIMPLE WOMAN’S DAYBOOKFOR TODAY
January 12, 2009
Outside My Window...it is dark and dreary. The yard is still covered in snow...the ugly kind of snow that was once bright white. Because it has been on the ground so long it is now covered with dirt and mud.
I am thinking...there is no place like home...there is no place like home...there is no place like home.
From the learning rooms…school resumes Thursday. We might start slow tomorrow and Wednesday, but we will hit it hard on Thursday. I have a feeling it is going to be extremely difficult to get back into the routine of things. Good, but hard.
I am thankful for...Justin. Today is his 18th birthday. Happy Birthday, My Son! You are such an incredible gift from God. I take great pleasure in watching you grow in God as you allow Him to form and mold you into His man. You are awesome!
From the kitchen...are some clean and some dirty dishes. Remains of homemade donuts and pizza still clutter the counter tops. The floor is spotted with bits of melted snow.
I am wearing...gray sweatpants and a blue-hooded sweatshirt. Bare feet and hair up in a ponytail.
I am creating...a grocery list. Not very exciting, but something that has to be done before Wednesday. I'm sure my family will be grateful.
I am going...to drink coffee from my new mug tomorrow morning. Lolanda went to Roatan, Honduras and brought us all back gifts. My gift was a huge, happy coffee mug that will bring me great joy to use.
I am reading...Naked Fruit by Elisa Morgan. I started this book at the beach and had to leave it at the Conference Center because I borrowed it from their library. I looked on Amazon.com today and I can order it for $4.00, which I will do soon. While at the beach, I bought and read a book called Naked On God's Doorstep. It is a memoir written by Marion Duckworth. It was full of great encouragement for those who were abandoned as children. I love to see how God works in people's lives and uses them to bless others. His ways are creative and so right!
I am hoping...that God will use me this week. Not for my glory, but for His. I am also hoping to start a journal. I have started several in the past and I only keep at it for a short period of time. I would like to discipline myself to write daily...even if only a sentence or two.
I am hearing...the sounds of our VERY LOUD home entertainment center, an occasional comment from Matthew, Justin, Audrey, and Tim about the Hogan's Heroes episode they are watching, my pecking at the keyboard, and the crackling of the fire.
Around the house...4 wonderful people are sleeping and 4 different, but equally wonderful people are watching Hogan's Heroes. I am sitting here at the computer wondering what picture I am going to share.
One of my favorite things...is this baby that God has miraculously placed in my womb. He was quite active this morning and Tim was able to feel him moving all around. The thought of labor and delivery almost sounds exciting. For on the other side of all the discomfort and pain, I will be able to hold our son, NT. What a long-awaited and glorious day that will be. 64 days til my due date. Yee-Haw!!!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...hair cut, midwife appointment, school.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Katie Jane and Papa were getting ready to go do the chores at the farm. Katie was excited and eager to help, but she was soon cold and very, very ready to come home. Upon her return, I had her ready a warm fire and a cup of hot chocolate.To join The Simple Woman's Daybook or to read other Daybooks, click here. I often find encouragement from other women in their Daybooks.



3 comments:
Snap! I KNEW I was forgetting something important when I wrote to you yesterday. I kept thinking, birthdays...got Larah's, someone's is the 12th...no, college roommate's is the 11th...SNAP! I'm such a cruddy aunt.
Also - I had no idea your new year's resolution was to only read books with titles beginning with the word "Naked". Nice choice!
Also - please don't get so wrapped up in your new journal that you ditch blogging. There are some of us that are mildly addicted to the goings-on of your life :)
Hope Justin had a great birthday!
We sure had fun seeing you all, but I'm glad you finally made it home! :)
Blessings,
Michele
AMEN!!!! Michele :)
Welcome Home Walker's :)
Love you,
Sharon
PS Love those boots Katie Jane :)
Post a Comment